Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Games Workshop goes even more evil than before

GW has gotten Amazon to remove a novel because it features space marines. Apparently, they think no one but them has the right to publish such material. It really pisses me off. I used to play 40k a lot, and I've read a ton of GW novels (many of which are actually quite good). But legal shenanigans like this really bug me.

As of right now, if you publish a novel featuring space marines, you could have it yanked because of GW. Heinlein and even earlier authors are likely rolling over in their graves.

Story in question

3 comments:

Roger G-S said...

What amuses me is all the people in comments who are like "OMG, I am now totally going to boycott GW" - can they really not have heard about the other, slimier things that company has done over the years?

The Bane said...

I hadn't heard what other things they have done, but don't doubt it. I wonder, should the real Marines have GW remove all there space marines?

Dan said...

I won't boycott, as I don't really play their games anymore. I do still buy their books, though. Ugg.

I am hoping that this gets thrown out if enough bad publicity happens.