Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Systemless gaming books

Not sure about anyone else, but I love these types of products. I can use them with S&W, Runequest, and maybe even Traveller, depending on the supplement. I wish more companies produced these items.

Systemless books I own and recommend:

The Mother of All Treasure Tables by Necromancer Games - tons of non-magical treasures separated by value.
The Random Esoteric Creature Generator  by James Raggi IV - weird monster creation. Kinda aimed at D&D clones, though.
Gary Gygax's Extraordinary Book of Names by Troll Lord Games - must-have book. Just lists of first and last names by culture. Also very good reference for authors.
Ultimate Toolbox by AEG - Just a big book of lists of all kinds of different subjects, from medicinal plants to city names and lots of other stuff.
Freeport books by Green Ronin - cool pirate setting. A bit more 1600's than I usually am willing to go, but great stuff.

I do have some other similar books, but these are the ones that stand out for me. I'd be interested in what other books are out there that I may not have heard of.

1 comment:

Timeshadows said...

Do yourself a favour and check out Flying Buffalo, Inc.'s City Books (esp. 1, 2, & 3).
--If you aren't pleased with your purchase of them, I'll buy them from you. :)

http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/catalyst.htm