Once per turn while exploring in the sewers, roll 1d6. On a 1, roll on this table.
1. One large albino crocodile that got into the sewer system years ago. It had previously been an attraction at Marshall’s Menagerie.
2. A scouting squad of four ratmen, one ratter, and eight giant rats.
3. A lone ghoul, munching upon the remains of some citizen.
4. A work crew of eight men and two guards. They will happily stop to chat and will point adventurers in the direction of known dangerous sections of the sewer.
5. 1d4 giant leeches. They float in the sewage, and gain surprise on 1d4 on 1d6.
6. A nest of 3d8 stirges is located in a room with intersecting passages.
7. A squad of five ratmen brutes.
8. A pair of thieves making their way under the city. They will run away if they can.
9. A green slime floats in the sewage. It gains surprise on 1d4 on 1d6.
10. A work crew of eight men and two guards. They are defensive, and will try to chase the characters away.
11. A group of four drow agents. They will attempt to ambush if possible.
12. A squad of five ratmen and one ratman brute.