Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Holystone - City Setting

I'm going to be doing a series of posts on a port city that I'm making, since I need a project or I won't have anything to write about. This will be largely system-generic, though I will notate an NPC as a Fighter 4, for example.

I will be using parts of Sword & Board in this city, especially the sample religion, which I'll probably repost here as part of the series.


Note for the curious: a holystone is a piece of sandstone used by sailors to sand wooden decks. 

Holystone
Independent City ruled by Count Alfred Holystone
Major Port and Trade Hub

Population: approximately 25,000 (can increase to 40,000 during trade season)
70% human
15% halfling
8% elf
4% dwarf
3% other (cambions, drow, nephilim, goblins, wildfolk, etc.)

Religion: The High Church (Sol, Luna, Gaia). The Faerie Lords (Oberon, Titania, Mabb). The Demon Cults of Diabolus, Lilith, and Orcus are present but illegal.

Trade: The city exports grain, wool, sandstone, and linens. The city imports metals. The city is largely self-sufficient in other products.

No comments: