Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

One note about my character conversions for Hi/Lo Heroes

I'm making all the characters up as if they were player characters. If you are going to use the villains, especially as a team, you really should lower their LIFE score. Going by the sample villains in the rulebook, maybe subtract 5 LIFE from each villain.

Of course, this is up to you. And if the villain is a major boss, that you want to be recurring, maybe giving him his full LIFE score is a good idea.

3 comments:

Jeff W. Moore said...

I thought you might be interested to know that between your works here and The Bane's work over at his blog I have been inspired to do a rewrite of Hi/Lo Heroes. If nothing else, I want to get an editable copy of the game on my hard drive. I only have the PDF because I am awful at keeping back ups. I plan to change as little as possible, but I was thinking of changing the opposed roll mechanic to a fixed difficulty model. It means eliminating dice rolling from the referee side of the game and making everything proactive on part of the player? I would love to hear your opinion on this. Also any other suggestions are welcome. Finally, I will make this version "Creative Commons" allowing anyone to develop further for the game.

Dan said...

Interesting idea. I will say I prefer to roll dice as the GM. It's one of the big reasons I don't use Icons. Other people obviously don't agree with me, though, as Icons is doing quite well.

The Bane said...

Not to derail Dan's awesome blog, I have briefly responded to Jeff's announcement over on my blog.

BTW, I think that is solid advice about Villains, Dan. And, something I had thought of asking you about before, but forgot, back when you introduced the first "Villain" write-up.

Best,
TB