Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

OSR in India

RPGPundit is developing an OSR game set in fantasy India. He has reserved the right to not follow the myths exactly, which I think is a very good idea.

I've read the Ramayana, but that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject. I have to say I'm kind of interested. If nothing else, I can steal stuff for BFRPG and S&W.

Stuff I've read that sounds great: monkey people, D&D style classes, race and class are separate, ascending AC, and the various styles of magic (he's only shown a little of this, but it looks cool).

He's also aiming at game play and not trying to create an anthropology paper, which I think is a great idea. From what I've seen, it will be D&D with India trappings, and not a 300 page treatise on the inner secrets of Brahmins (something Glorantha and Tekumel have veered off into, much to their loss).

No comments: