Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

My after-Christmas shopping

I made two fairly big orders to Lulu and Noble Knight Games, and they came today in the mail. I got the following:

Green Devil Face issues 1 through 3
Death Frost Doom
The Grinding Gear
No Dignity in Death
Fight On! issues 4 through 7 (I already had 1 through 3)
Ruins and Ronin
Eldritch Weirdness Compilation 3 to 1

Needless to say, I have a lot of interesting reading to do. I'm not even sure where to start. I have James Raggi's monster design book, and really like it. I also generally agree with his opinions, so I figured I'd pick up his books. The Ruins and Ronin game just interests me because it's an oriental rpg. I actually have Eldritch Weirdness 1 in pdf, but now I have a nice softcover. And Fight On! is just a great gaming mag, so I never feel bad about buying it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 for my after-Christmas purchases during my life, this rates a 10, and is easily the smartest idea I've had for spending Christmas cash.

2 comments:

James said...

I got print copies of Death Frost Doom & No Dignity in Death, for Christmas. I haven't read them yet, but, they're beautifully produced.

Dan said...

I agree. They're nice little books. The print is small, but very sharp, and not hard to read. I love the maps, as well, though I definitely prefer the cardboard cover maps instead of the paper map stapled into the center.