Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goodman Games: Dungeon Crawl Classics rpg

I'm sure many of you know that Goodman Games will be publishing a DCC rpg, which sounds like it will be something similar to Castles & Crusades. I'm pretty excited about this. Goodman puts out a lot of adventures, so it's pretty much a guarantee this game will get tons of support. And since it will be simplified from 3e, there should more actual stuff in each module, instead of full-page statlines for one monster.

While I am one of those people who believes the old school renaissance is getting very over-saturated, at least with game systems with minor variations, I think a fairly large publisher like GG getting their own clone out will be great for the OSR in general. It's likely to pull in even more players, who just might check out adventures published for S&W, LL, OSRIC, BFRPG, etc. For those who publish adventures, I suspect their sales may increase. I also suspect rules publishers will see a decline in sales overall.

All in all, I wish GG lots of luck with this venture. I would love to see a new module every month, or even every other month. I really hope they update their Aereth box set, as well.

No comments: