Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Taking out the Trash

As part of my New Year, I just went through my Other Blogs section and removed all of the blogs that haven't been updated in a year or more. Sadly, this caused six blogs to go away. I'm not sure why they all closed, but they apparently are gone. I suspect many people start blogging, thinking it will be easy, and then find out after a month or so that coming up with ideas to talk about or new content for games they like just isn't that easy.

There are a number of other blogs that haven't been updated in months, but I'm hoping they will be revived in the future. I really would like to see more people keep their blogs running, instead of posting a few great entries and then just disappearing.

4 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I do that from time to time as well. But I can understand people dropping out of blogging. I know I've considered it myself a few times.

Glad I didn't though. Just took some breaks. Anyway, hope all is well on your end. Cheers and boogie boogie.

Dan said...

Your blog is awesome, so I'm glad you didn't quit. I've also taken breaks, and it does help.

M Harold Page said...

It is a shame we don't have more online zines as a repository for sporadic but great articles!

Daddy Grognard said...

I've done likewise and one by one, some good old blogs are falling off the list. The only one I can't bring myself to delete is Chgowiz. Call it sentiment but that guy rocked and his blog was a source of all things awesome (which he left up - would that everybody did likewise)