Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mini Six rpg

I've been making my own fantasy version of the Mini Six rpg the last week or so. I've still got a lot to do, and I'm not sure this will ever see the internet, but it's a lot of fun. I really like what AntiPaladin Games did with their version of the Open D6 license. I really recommend people check it out.

Mini Six is a pared-down version of the old Star Wars D6 game, and I think it's amazingly well done. They got rid of a lot of the extraneous rules, and made the game simpler to learn and play, while still allowing  a lot of options.

For my personal version, I'm working on the following:

1. It's going to be fantasy. I've removed all the guns and starships and aliens. done
2. I'm using hit points instead of wound levels. I do not like the death spiral created with wound systems. done
3. I'm adding in new monsters and spells, mostly stuff I'm converting from D&D. started
4. I'll be adding in new races like the cambion, nephilim, and wildfolk, that are already in my BFRPG Sword & Board supplement. not started yet
5. I'm going to add in the standard D&D gold system. not started yet
6. More magic items. started

I've already gone through and done some stuff, like getting the basic formatting set up and removing references to wounds. Now it's just adding things.

No comments: